Grand Chief Donald Marshall Senior Elder Achievement Award: This award was established in 1993 by then Premier John Savage. The award is given to elders in recognition of their contribution to their community.
- Grand Chief Ben Syliboy, We’koqma’q First Nation
- Margaret (Ma’git) Poulette,We’koqma’q First Nation
Chief Noel Doucette Memorial Youth Achievement Award: This award was created in 1996 by the Province of Nova Scotia in memory of the late Chief Noel Doucette. It is given to Mi’kmaw youth who possess leadership qualities and reach high levels of academic achievement.
- Mary Chantel Gould, We’koqma’q First Nation
- Levi James Marshall, Membertou First Nation
- Haley Marie Bernard, Pictou Landing First Nation
Sister Dorothy More Educational Scholarship: This scholarship was established 2012 in honour and recognition of Sister Dorothy Moore’s invaluable contribution in the advancement of the Mi’kmaq education system. This scholarship celebrates and supports Mi’kmaq students studying full time in a recognized teacher certification/education program. The award is presented annually and is available to high school and mature students.
- Rebecca Scirocco, Membertou First Nation
- Carol Ann Johnson, Eskasoni First Nation
- Natalie Gloade, Millbrook First Nation
- Charlene Paul-Francis, Eskasoni First Nation
Donald Marshall Senior Memorial Scholarship: This scholarship award supports Mi’kmaw post-secondary students at the diploma, certificate, bachelor and graduate levels. The annual scholarships are awarded for undergraduate studies and graduate studies.
- Dennis Gould (Undergraduate program),We’koqma’q First Nation
- Ashley R. Julian (Graduate program), Indian Brook First Nation